I received this cute award from Rose at http://www.flyawayvegan.blogspot.com/. If you've never been to her site, you are missing out on one of the most outstanding gourmet, beautifully photographed vegan blogs that exist! Can anybody say "cookbook"? Please?
Thank you, Rose! So, without further ado, here's how the award works: I list ten things that make me happy. Then I list ten blogs that make me happy. Please keep in mind that there are way more than ten blogs that make me happy, so this is just a short list. I also like more than ten things - can you tell I don't like being restricted? But, I did my best. Read on!
Ten things that make me happy in no particular order:
1. Cooking, creating recipes, trying new recipes, reading cookbooks, cooking with my children, blogging about cooking, reading cooking blogs.
2. Organizing small things like cupboards, drawers, closets, making lists (lovin' this!), creating budgets, creating homeschool lesson plans, micromanaging.
3. Watching Rutger Hauer and Adrian Paul movies/television shows.
4. Spending real quality time with my husband, where we can actually look into each other's eyes without a big splotch of food landing on my cheek or hearing something crash in the next room.
5. Photographing my children, my husband, my parents, my pets, nature.
6. Spending time with the Lord either in His Word or in prayer or in song or in thought.
7. With my husband enjoying individual daughter/son dates with our children where they can pick the restaurant and the activity for the night.
8. Standing outside, regardless of the weather, looking at the sky whatever time of day, looking at trees, watching critters.
9. Cultivating our garden and watching my husband do the same.
10. Sleeping in a cozy bed, stretching under the covers, not hurrying anywhere, able to slumber luxuriously with or without the kids in bed with me/us.
Ten blogs/bloggers that make me happy in no particular order:
1. Carissa at http://www.elilaiann.blogspot.com/ shares my love of the Lord and the vegan life.
2. Fayinagirl at http://www.glutenfreeveganfam.blogspot.com/ makes very creative dishes, which her site's name exemplifies.
3. Shenandoah Vegan at http://www.shenandoahvegan.blogspot.com/ questions who she is and why she is here on her unique vegan blog.
4. Maggie at http://www.livingfoodjunkie.blogspot.com/ is a vegan and part raw-foodist young mom.
5. Michelle at http://www.lovinlivinvegan.blogspot.com/ makes vegan dishes to feed herself and a very supportive omnivore hubby.
6. Stacy at http://www.shortycanburn.blogspot.com/ is doing a great job with her brand new vegan blog.
7. Evelyn at http://www.evelynparham.com/ is a raw foodist that also offers helpful advice.
8. Michelle at http://www.lillythedirtyduck.blogspot.com/ shares her daily fumbles and joys with the animal friends she has, her husband, and her love of vegan food.
9. 100 to Go at http://www.99togo.blogspot.com/ is working on her journey of losing weight and getting to her goal.
10. Susan at http://www.fruitfulwords.wordpress.com/ is a local Christian woman and friend of mine who periodically pens encouraging words.
Thank you, all, and have fun!