Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Message About My Blog

Well, Blogger has done it to me again. For the past few months, most of you know that I've been dealing with a formatting issue, where I can no longer write my posts in Compose mode. I have to go only to html and write and then force all my formatting that you see on the posts: spacing, centering, links, etc. I've learned to live with it and have become very versed in html coding.

But, now I have a new blog problem that's really preventing me from creating new posts: My blog doesn't keep me signed in, and in effect doesn't even recognize me. So, starting on last Tuesday, I was no longer able to respond to comments on my blog nor go to other people's blogs and leave comments for them. To me, if someone leaves a comment for me and I don't acknowledge it, and if I don't show blogger-friendship and comment on their blogs, it's akin to being rude on my part.

Other people are still able to leave comments on my blog, unless they are experiencing the same problem I am. And, apparently, there are several bloggers who are having the same problem according to Bloggers own Known Issues site. I could still continue to post, but it would really bug me to not be able to respond. So, what I've decided to do is hold off on posting until Blogger can get this fixed. I will continue to check on their site to see if there are any updates from them. When they get this fixed, I will continue to post again. If they do not get this fixed, then I will have to look for another way to continue. I have so many more recipes to share; as a matter of fact, right now I have about a dozen recipes in the queue waiting their turn. This is very disappointing and frustrating to me because I really wanted this to be long-term, but I don't see any other way. In the meantime, I can still be reached through my email at blessedmama@pacbell.net.

I won't be able to respond to anything you say here on my blog, but I hope you all continue to flourish, enjoy good vegan food, and help save the world! I appreciate all the friendships that were starting to form, and I hope to be back posting soon.

Thank you,
BlessedMama :-)

13 comments:

  1. I'm fine with this, just as long as you don't quit blogging entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have solutions for both! I've gone through these, too.

    For the formatting, this is what you do-
    1. Go into design, then edit html
    2. Click on "revert templates widget to default"

    Just to be on the safe side, copy your html code and paste it in a document first. I've done this a few times when things get funky on my blog and it's always cleared up the problem. It might ask you if you want to save the widgets, or something like that. Say yes.

    For the posting problem, that's an Internet Explorer problem. I switched from using IE to Firefox yesterday and can post comments now. Still can't if I go back into IE, though.

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't like that blogger doesn't "notify" the commenter when I respond to comments, have you figured out a work around for that? Well shoot, you can't respond. Bah! Come on blogger! Pull it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny , there is one particular blog that not only can I not comment on, but after I visit it I can't visit any other blogs. Also I have been having problems logging in to my own blog lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am experiencing this problem also, seriously thinking of moving to wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BM...the last comment made is me Millie. I had to change my google account in order to make comments. Since I have 4 internet accounts I used another one of my account and now I can make comments. You may want to start another internet account. Go to hotmail or gmail they are free, open an account and use it in your new google account...this way you can comment on your posts and your fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that. I had a few problems, for one I cannot get into my google mail at all, then I am constantly asked to disable cookies but seem to be unable to do it. I couldn't blog for two day, then I somehow managed to get into my account (but no mail) and post again, and reply again, but not to everyone, it depends on their settings, it seems... anyway, don't know what is happening, and I am just glad that I least I can blog again. Maybe one day I will check my google mail, fortunately it is not my main address :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh that is frustrating :( Sounds like a lot of folks are having issues with this. Hope all these bugs get worked out quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely don't use Internet Explorer, if that's what you're using. If I were having Blogger issues that couldn't be solved, I'd switch to Wordpress. You can import your entire blog into the new WP one and just keep going. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh blogger is so full of bugs...it should be called bugger! Anyway, I hope the issues get resolved soon! I've often thought about switching over to a wordpress blog...I think their templates are really a step above blogger and have some nice built in features...but it's a little higher overhead with having to download the software.

    Stay in touch! Hopefully blogger will get their act together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, thanks for the update! I've noticed several bloggers offline for a while, and maybe this explains it. I've just been a little busy with other things... I'll look forward to your triumphant comeback when things are more cooperative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Andrea here (as with many things! Good to see you here, Andrea! I was worried because you haven't blogged recently...) I changed to Wordpress and much prefer it. Apart from anything else, it is MUCH easier for people to leave comments on Wordpress!
    Yes, I also agree with you about comments, both leaving and responding to. It must be a real pain for you. I hope you get it sorted out soon. Hugs...

    Penny (Scottish Vegan Homemaker)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You scared me! I thought you were going to say you weren't going to blog anymore! That's too bad you're having problems. Other than those two days or however long it was that they were doing maintenance and lot of stuff was lost (but I got all of mine back), I haven't had any problems. I hope everything gets fixed soon. I've, too, been away from blogging more lately than ever, it feels. There aren't a lot of updates on my blog roll, either. I guess it's just that time of the year? My oldest son will be finished with school Monday - yay! So I hope that we can get back in our home rhythm soon thereafter.

    ReplyDelete