Monday, February 23, 2015

Garlicky Fried Rice with Asparagus and Mushrooms

The poor lighting in this photo does not do this dish any sort of justice.  Garlicky Fried Rice with Asparagus and Mushrooms was so good, I couldn't stop eating it.  Only putting the leftovers away saved my stomach from exploding.  This was easy to prepare and even easier to eat.  I'm sure your taste buds would agree.


Garlicky Fried Rice with Asparagus and Mushrooms

Ingredients:

1 Tbs. Coconut Oil
2 Carrots, chopped small
8 to 10 Asparagus spears, ends trimmed, and chopped small
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 head of garlic, sliced thin
2 cups of leftover, cooked brown rice
1/4 cup of soy sauce
2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup of coarsely chopped peanuts

Directions:

Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.  When oil is melted, add the carrots, asparagus and mushrooms.  Stir-fry for five or so minutes, until just fork-tender.  Add the garlic and cook for a minute longer.  Add the rice, soy sauce and ginger.  Cook another five minutes, until heated through.  Add the peanuts and stir.  Serve immediately.  So, so good.  Feeds five hungry vegans.

16 comments:

  1. Finally a recipe!!!! You sure an entire head of Garlic is enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making them, I'm making them! Just last month, I had a recipe. But, I'll crank it up for you, SV. And, I'm not sure if you can ever have enough garlic.

      Delete
  2. Ryan and I just said the other day we need to start eating more rice for budget purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll wait for spring when asparagus is local and more affordable. But it's been too long since I've made fried rice of any kind, and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, I got these asparagus on sale for a steal! Made this with no guilt. :-)

      Delete
  4. I think asparagus and mushrooms are one of my favourite veggie combinations. Add a bit of fried rice in there, and you can't go wrong. I do have a nasty habit of drowning everything in soy sauce though - so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joey, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the asparagus shroom thing. I love the combo. Watch that sauce! It can steal the flavor. :-)

      Delete
  5. Yum, this looks incredible! Asparagus and mushrooms are so perfect together and add garlic and you really can't go wrong! I love making my own fried rice too :) I bet this would be great with zucchini pasta too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I've yet to try zucchini pasta. But, it's on my to-do list.

      Delete
  6. I love rice in any form, yours looks divine.

    ReplyDelete