Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pigs 'n Blankets

I wasn't sure what to name these lovelies. They could have been Piggie-free Pigs 'n Blankets or No Oinks Here, but I stuck with the simpler version. These are very easy to make and definitely kid-friendly. My littlest blessing preferred the broccoli over everything else, though. Hope everyone in your home likes these, too!



Vegan Pigs 'n Blankets
Ingredients:
2 - 3 pkgs. vegan hot dogs (totaling at least 15 hot dogs, depending on the brand)
2 pkgs. refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a medium pot of water to boiling. After it boils, turn off the heat, and add the hot dogs. Let sit for two minutes, then drain. Separate the rolls into their triangles, and roll individual hot dogs up into the rolls. Bake for 13 minutes. Easy as that. Serve with mustard, steamed veggies and fresh fruit. Makes 16 pieces to serve at least five hungry vegans.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I bet this one is popular with little ones. I am still processing your comment that your little one liked the broccoli the best. That is absolutely amazing ! You sure did something right to make that happen. I bet lots of moms would love to know that secret.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he's my three-year old broccoli lover. He'll literally eat any broccoli left in the serving bowl that others have not grabbed up. The only credit I can possibly take is by offering it to him early and frequently. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great idea for my son and his hungry friends, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, glad to see you've got some good food ideas. Hope the boys like them.

    ReplyDelete